Saturday, January 22, 2011

I am just home from facilitating the Stateline Farm Beginnings (www.learngrowconnect.org) course I lead during the winter months. I was reinspired by the master farmers and local food buyers who spoke on our panel today. They spoke about choosing to live their values and reminded me of what I find compelling about the local foods movement. The impact each of us can have on our small piece of land, our energy choices, who we give our food dollars, and how we manage the water resources available to us. After having had a breakfast that included local berries, a potluck lunch that included local meats and a multitude of unique grains and winter storage vegetables, I am tonight about to eat pizza from the national take and bake chain that is near our son's dance studio. And although I feel more aligned with my mission and even righteous about my food choices earlier today, I am also quite pleased to be enjoying the meal Dave chose for us tonight, not to mention the thrill it is for the younger boys.

I am learning (perhaps slowly) to accept myself and my choices today, to feel good about the choices that best suit my belief system and to accept rather than berate myself when I am less than perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment