Friday, December 18, 2009


Oh my goodness, Momma pride is so big! Watching Zachary shine on the stage in the ballet this week feels like a big wallop of emotion every time. I am proud and teary and thrilled all at once. I feel so blessed by this little boy who is dancing his heart out with joy and excitement. Zachary is the one in the center of the photo.

I am back home for the day and am cleaning the house this morning, which apparently includes checking email, making unnecessary phone calls, and writing my blog.

This morning's work involved more coop care than I planned. The chicken waterer was suspiciously dry this morning. I glared at the ducks but they did not seem bothered by my attitude. I think it was warm enough yesterday that the ducks splashed and bathed in the water soaking their necks, I am sure, but also unfortunately saturating the shavings in the coop. I filled a rubber tote with the wet shavings, added a new layer of fresh ones, rebalanced the watering table and moved the heat lamp a little higher in the pen. The shavings are getting deeper, plus earlier this week a hen was basking under the lamp long enough that the coop smelled mildly of burnt feathers. Not a pleasant scent.

Both dogs accompanied me on my chores this morning and were thrilled to have me home again. They are both curled up inside even happier to have the run of the house while I am home.

No comments:

Post a Comment